If you have a teen athlete Fabian Moreau Redskins Jersey , you know that the demands placed on him or her are far different than that of a typical student. They are expected to keep up with their academic work, keep their grades in line, and maintain a minimum grade point average ? all while serving as representatives of their schools, missing time in class and at home to practice, compete, and travel to other schools. If you have a teen athlete, you may or may not know that these teens often experience much more significant pressure to drink and party than other teens.

While schools in recent years have cracked down on this type of behavior, it is still far too prevalent. Teams want to celebrate their victories and drown their defeats, and often, alcohol is the method of choice. Your teen athlete, in being a part of a sports team, may face undue peer pressure to try alcohol or drugs. The question is, what can you do as a parent to minimize your teen s risk?

The first and best advice is always to talk to your teen athlete. Have an open and ongoing dialogue with your teen about peer pressure and drinking. Make it clear that your teen has a choice ? make sure your teen understands that it is ok to say no.

To help your teen athlete make it easier to avoid high pressure situations with teammates, be involved. Go to your teen s games, be an active part of his or her athletic life. Parents are often needed to serve as line coaches or play other supportive roles; if that is a possibility for you as a parent, it is a good way to stay involved and be able to see first hand if bad peer pressure situations are developing.

Understand the policies of your teen s school. Make sure you discuss the ramifications with your teen about what could happen if he or she were to be caught. Most schools suspend players or dismiss them from the team altogether. If the sport is important to your teen, this will serve as motivation to help them make the right choice when the pressure is on.

One situation that is not often discussed but can be prevalent is the attitude of the coaches toward their players drinking. Some coaches look the other way; others glamorize or glorify drinking and partying. In rare instances, the coaches will actually supply the alcohol. If you run into a coach like that, contact the school and make them aware of the situation. Coaches have a very powerful and influential role in the lives of the teen athletes they work with; if they are abusing that position of power, they need to be stopped.

Ultimately, you should make participation on the team contingent to your teen athlete s behavior and choices. Grades should stay up, homework should be done, academics should be prioritized, and the right choices should be made. Make it clear that your teen s choices will dictate his or her outcomes?and then follow through when you need to.

Being Cornish by birth, I cringe when I walk into a store or shop that supposedly sells the famous Cornish Pasty. More times than not, I pick it up, read the ingredients and toss it down in disgust! Strange things appear within the ingredients such as peas and carrots. Then when you read on a bit further, you get a hint of why they have got it so wrong. These Cornish Pasty forgeries are often made anywhere other than Cornwall! Then there's the pastry itself. Now I am not that brilliant at making pastry, but even I know the Cornish pasty has an outer layer of short crust and not puff pastry which is all air and nonsense! Before we get into the recipe itself let's talk about size. Have you seen those apologetic things in the store or shop? Some of them should come with a magnifying glass so they can be seen! In my youth my mother would often make genuine Cornish pasties for us. By today's commercial standards they were huge! They would overlap the edges of a dinner plate and be around four to five inches across at their widest point! Now THAT was a pasty! Okay, so how do you make a genuine Cornish pasty? What do you put in it? Let's go for it...it uses old style weights and measures sorry about that, but that's my history... Ingredients: 1lb short crust pastry 6 ounces potatoes 12 ounces steak (in times back it could well have been mutton ... it was cheaper). 3 tablespoons of cold water 1 small chopped onion salt and pepper to taste.... personally I prefer a little extra pepper myself. Method: Start with the pastry. (I hope you have better luck with it than I do!). If you are not used to such large pasties, for more details visit to wwwchicken-wing-cookbook roll it out to the size of a small plate and about a quarter of an inch thick (the ingredients above are about the right quantity for this). When I make Cornish pasties though, they tend to be dinner plate size and the ingredients increased accordingly. Cut all the solid ingredients up into small pieces. The onion should be finely cut. They are not only easier to eat this way, but cook quicker too. Remember to get rid of any gristle or fat etc from the meat. Mix the now chopped up potatoes, meat, water, onion and salt and pepper thoroughly. (That's another thing I find in those shop or store sold "Cornish" pasties ...all the pepper seems to be concentrated into one spot! There you are munching away and then you suddenly hit that spot! I think you can guess the rest!) Now we start getting toward the tricky bit. For more details go With the pastry laid out, use the ingredients to fill half of it in a bit of a pile ...unless you want a flat pasty! Make sure though, for more details visit to www300-dip-recipes that you leave about an inch clear pastry from the edge. Dampen the exposed edge with water. Carefully (if the pastry is too thin, this is the point at which holes start appearing ...I speak from experience!), lift the empty half of the pastry over the top of the mixture. In effect, you are folding it in half. At this point you could cheat to do. Cheap Jerseys From China   Cheap Jerseys From China   Cheap Jerseys China Free Shipping   Cheap Jerseys Online   Cheap Authentic Jerseys   Wholesale Jerseys From China   Cheap Retro Jerseys   Cheap Wholesale Jerseys   Cheap Jerseys China Online   Cheap Throwback Sports Jerseys