BEIJING, April 26 (Xinhua) -- Only through cooperation and dialogue can Asian countries promote sustainable security which is in their common interests.

The fifth regular foreign ministers' meeting of the Conference on Interaction and Confidence-Building Measures in Asia (CICA) is scheduled to be held in Beijing on Wednesday and Thursday. Chinese President Xi Jinping will attend the opening ceremony of the meeting and deliver a speech.

The meeting is aimed at deepening cooperation through dialogue and promoting sustainable security in Asia through cooperation.

Established in 1992, CICA has become an important platform for Asian countries to conduct dialogue, build trust and promote cooperation.

CICA now has 26 members and 12 observers, covering almost the entire Asia.

For more than two decades, CICA has grown into a regional mechanism of dialogue and cooperation on security.

Security in Asia is in the common interests of all countries in the region and should not be achieved at the expense of other countries.

Such a common, comprehensive, cooperative and sustainable perspective on security is advocated by China, which holds the CICA presidency from 2014 to 2016.

The development of Asia, despite its vitality, is intertwined with different kinds of contradictions.

With diversified civilizations, religions and cultures in the regional countries, Asia sees different national interests while facing conventional and unconventional threats and challenges to security, such as terrorism, poverty, territorial disputes and nuclear proliferation.

Therefore, at the upcoming meeting in Beijing, participants will exchange views on security and development in Asia, combating terrorism, implementing confidence-building measures and promoting peace and dialogue.

The foreign ministers are expected to issue a statement that represents the consensus on related issues reached by all parties and blueprints the future development of CICA.

China, as a permanent member of the U.N. Security Council and the largest country in Asia, bears important responsibilities for safeguarding and promoting security in the region.

China successfully hosted the fourth CICA summit in Shanghai in 2014 and is working with other CICA members to formulate an action plan for the next two years to implement confidence-building measures.

All in all, under current circumstances, it is highly advisable that different countries and civilizations in Asia conduct dialogue and cooperation, which is conducive to regional security and development.

Related:

Chinese president to attend CICA FMs' meeting

BEIJING, April 22 (Xinhua) -- Chinese President Xi Jinping will attend the opening ceremony of the fifth regular foreign ministers' meeting of the Conference on Interaction and Confidence Building Measures in Asia (CICA) scheduled for next Thursday in Beijing, Foreign Ministry spokesperson Lu Kang announced Friday.

Xi will deliver a speech at the opening ceremony, Lu said.? Full Story

Xinhua Insight: New engines, closer cooperation herald growth for China, Asia

BOAO, Hainan, March 24 (Xinhua) -- While calling for closer cooperation among Asian countries, Premier Li Keqiang on Thursday identified China's reform and opening up drive, economic restructuring and investment in people's livelihoods as reliable growth engines.

Li made the remarks during his speech at the opening ceremony of the 2016 annual conference of the Boao Forum for Asia, in China's southernmost island province of Hainan.

NANJING Salomon Kalalau Mens , China, Aug. 23 (Xinhua) -- For Bud Kling, the Olympic Games has been an important part of his life for years and he's in Nanjing to attend his 16th Olympic Games.

Kling has attended 13 Olympic Games and Nanjing 2014 is his third Youth Olympic Games. His first Olympic experience was in 1984 Salomon Outban Low Mens , when his hometown of Los Angeles hosted the summer Games.

"My first personal experience was in Los Angeles where I was a volunteer working with the TV media at the basketball venue," he said, "I was pretty much determined to make every Games from then on Salomon Outban MID Mens , as long as I possibly could."

Over the years, he's met many famous athletes, including basketballers Patrick Ewing and Michael Jordan.

During the summer events Salomon S-LAB 5 XT Wings Mens , he likes to attend athletics every night, and also enjoys swimming and tennis.

"I also love volleyball, beach volleyball and basketball. And when I go to watch badminton or table tennis Salomon XT Wings 3 Mens , they're great sports that are fun to watch so that's always interesting," he said.

As for competition at winter Games, Kling prefers the indoor sports like figure skating Salomon SpeedCross 3 CS Mens , short track, speed skating and ice hockey.

Kling said one of the reasons he keeps reliving the Olympic experience is because he's built up a network of friendships that revolve around the Games.

"I have a lot of friends that live worldwide and I see them every two years. With the Youth Olympic Games I see them twice every two years now," he said.

For anyone who hasn't attended an Olympic Games Salomon GCS Pro Trail Mens , he likens it to experiencing "an athletic Disneyland".

"So many things to do and see, and there's a cultural aspect to it too. It is expensive but it's a fantastic experience," Said Kling.

Kling said the Youth Olympic Games are a great concept.

"It lets young people compete that may one day achieve the heights of performance to compete in the Olympic Games. But if not Salomon Snowcross Mens , these are still the best of the youth of each country and I think it's a great experience for them," he said.

HO CHI MINH CITY, May 1 (Xinhua) -- Laos defeated Indonesia 2-0 in the second match of the 2015 AFF Women' s Championship on Friday evening in Vietnam' s Ho Chi Minh City.

Early in the first half Laotian mid-fielder Vannida Soukphanya delivered a shot to beat Indonesia goalkeeper Vera Lestari and put her team 1-0 . Cheap Suns Jerseys   Cheap Spurs Jerseys   Cheap Kings Jerseys   Cheap Raptors Jerseys   Cheap New Orleans Pelicans Jerseys   Cheap Orlando Magic Jerseys   Cheap Los Angeles Lakers Jerseys   Wholesale Knicks Jerseys   Wholesale Jazz Jerseys   Wholesale Miami Heat Jerseys