SYDNEY Cheap Men's Superme x Nike Air Max 98 Shoes White , Feb. 11 (Xinhua) -- Australians find that giving cash instead of buying presents to younger family members is more welcomed on special occasions.

In China, giving young family members cash enclosed in a red envelope during the Spring Festival is a time-honored tradition. As Chinese New Year is more popular in Australia, the giving of cash to younger family members is not a unique Chinese custom -- Australian parents, grandparents, uncles and aunts also give cash to younger family members as a way of showing their love on special occasions such as birthday and Christmas.

May Colbourne, a 72-year-old Australian woman living in Sydney, has always given her grandchildren money as Christmas presents and the amount of money depends on each child's age.

Like many women her age, Colbourne inserts the money in a Christmas card.

"I give money depending on their age Cheap Nike Air Max 270 Flyknit Triple Black Men's Shoes , for example Cynthia was turning 12, so I gave her 12 dollars. I have always done this with all my eight grandchildren," she said.

Colbourne spent some time choosing the right card, then put the money inside the card and put it all in an envelope and then write her grandchild's name on it.

"That is important. I think this is good way of giving presents because I have eight to give, and it makes it easier," she said.

Giving cash presents to family members is not just limited to grandparents.

Joe Blacksmith, who is a grandfather of three children, not only gave cash presents to his grandchildren Cheap Men's Off-White x Nike Air Max 270 White , he also gave money to his two son, both aged in their mid-40s.

"Last Christmas I gave the grandchildren 100 Australian dollars each, and I gave my sons 50 Australian dollars each -- and put the money inside a card," he said.

He said it was convenient for him that he didn't have to spend a lot of time going to different shops and buying presents during the busy Christmas shopping period.

"I try to avoid the shops during Christmas, it's too hectic," said Blacksmith.

Another popular cash present is gift vouchers, which can be used at a major shopping center, or can even be used to see the latest movie at the cinemas.

Susan Lay Cheap Men's Nike Air Max 270 Black Hyper Grape , 62, gave her two sons, aged 35 and 42, gift vouchers. Her youngest son is single, so she gave him a gift voucher of 50 Australian dollars to a major shopping center, while her oldest son had children, so she gave him a voucher to the cinema.

"My oldest son Mark, took his three children to the movies on Boxing Day (public holiday after Christmas Day) to see the latest Hobbit movie with my voucher. It costs a lot for a family to go to the movies Cheap Nike Air Max Plus TN Ultra Men's White , so I thought a voucher would make a nice gift," she said.

"My youngest son lives alone, so a gift voucher to the supermarket was a practical gift. He can buy something useful, and not waste the cash I give him down the local bar with his friends, " said Lay.

UNITED NATIONS, Oct. 22 (Xinhua) -- A UN health committee has met for the third time in three months to evaluate the world body' s ongoing response to the global Ebola crisis amid broader agency- wide efforts in confronting the deadly disease, UN officials said here Wednesday.

The deputy UN spokesman, Farhan Haq Cheap Men's Nike Air Max 97 Triple White , told reporters here the World Health Organization's (WHO) International Health Regulations Emergency Committee on Ebola had begun consultations in Geneva, Switzerland, as part of its mandate.

The Emergency Committee is convened periodically to advise the WHO director general on the risks associated with disease outbreaks and deliver recommendations on travel and trade restrictions.

The group first met in August after which WHO declared Ebola a public health emergency of international concern and recommended the implementation of exit screenings for travelers who were sick or were in contact with those infected.

Haq said that the Emergency Committee would share its conclusions with the public Thursday.

According to WHO's latest situation report on the Ebola response, by Oct. 19, there had been 9,936 confirmed, probable and suspected cases of Ebola being documented across five countries, including Guinea Cheap Men's Nike Air Max 97 Ultra Shoes Triple Black , Liberia, Sierra Leone, Spain and the United States, and two previously affected countries, Nigeria and Senegal, while 4,877 people had died of the deadly virus.

Although the outbreaks have been declared over in Nigeria and Senegal, the UN health agency warned that Ebola transmission remained "persistent and widespread" in Guinea Cheap Men's Nike Air Max 97 Ultra' 17 Metallic Silver Shoes , Liberia and Sierra Leone.

The outbreak has impacted not only the health sector but various other areas. The UN Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) , for instance, noted that the current Ebola outbreak is the world 's largest on record to date, adding that the crisis is "adversely impacting the food security of affected populations."

"If not addressed now, the consequences of the outbreak could lead to long-lasting impacts on farmers' livelihoods and rural economies," UN Food and Agriculture Organization warned in a brief. "A multisectoral approach is required to contain the outbreak and stabilize affected areas."

FAO is "urgently calling" for 30 million U.S. dollars to support activities linked to its Regional Response Programme to the Ebola Virus Disease Outbreak over the next 12 months in Guinea, Liberia, Sierra Leone and at-risk countries Cheap Men's Nike Air Max 97 Ultra '17 Metallic Gold Shoes , and is following "a twin-track approach to help halt the tragic loss of life while at the same time protecting incomes, nutrition levels and food security."

Given the situation, the head of the UN Mission for Ebola Emergency Response, Anthony Banbury, on Wednesday visited the Guinean capital of Conakry, where he met with President Alpha Conde. He arrived in the capital to present an operational framework for the Ebola response and "ensure a shared understanding of the key challenges and priority needs for Guinea, " the UN mission explained.

These days, folks usually invest a lot more time on. Cheap Jerseys From China   Cheap Wholesale Jerseys   Cheap Authentic Jerseys   Cheap NHL Jerseys China   Cheap NFL Jerseys   Cheap NFL Jerseys   Cheap NFL Jerseys Free Shipping   Cheap NFL Jerseys From China   Cheap Authentic NFL Jerseys   Wholesale Football Jerseys