We have all seen it all too often. That ?A? player on the team has those laser guided missiles for parents. They know everything about the sport their child and in most cases the competition. Their vision is to see their child rise to the lofty levels of ?D One? Von Miller Youth Jersey , or more commonly known as Division One College ranks. Oh yes, and this while their child is still in K-6 of course. No investment in their athletic future is too high. Personal trainer for young Mikey at all of age 7? You bet, he still needs to learn how to score with the left hand. Forget the fact that the basketball size and height of the rim could be problematic to Mikey?s physical capabilities, alas a trainer will fix that.

Then we venture into the athletic dome or for this tale the Gym. Inside the dome is where we really see it all. Live and it full color. Parents screaming for their child and cursing every bad call by the officials. Here?s another funny note, in every youth sport there is the constant need for the volunteer coach. I haven?t found the pay for coach level yet in the recreational leagues. We?ll leave that for a later novel. So here we are with the game in-hand and the poor coach trying to keep everyone happy by playing fair with their time on the court and then it happens. The A Player parent, who didn?t volunteer to coach their child takes over. With their rage in full stride they aggressively call out to the ?team? to step it up and begin the quest to over take their teams coach by out yelling him or her from the bleachers. All this adds up to is chaos.

I always thought it would be fun to take all those videodvd recorders and turn them back on the bleachers. Make a year end party video for all to see. Now that would be one pizza party worth the wait. You see, the one common thread in all this is that most parents have no idea what the sound like. They have no ill intentions in most cases either. But the negative effect this has on their children and the other players is quite real. One thing I must say about the individual sports is they are quite different on tolerance. I would give youth soccer an A for not allowing the sidelines to manage the pitch. Baseball would get an F and quite frankly I think it?s by design. Basketball is mixed. Where you have a strong League director its well managed and combined with good officials who must also make sure that they are not bigger than the game you have a great potential.
|
The real damage is not to the game, although it too suffers. The sad report here is the impact our children have when a parent becomes larger than the game itself weekend after weekend. All too often a child just drops out of their quest for a sports role only because the embarrassment or abuse is just not worth it anymore. Lots of downside to this when you consider most children tend to get in trouble when too much idle time is available. Sports is a wonderful way to keep this from happening.
I guess at the end of the day we as parents have to take stock. We have to look in the mirror and take a closer view of our desires personally versus our children?s enjoyment for their sport of choice. Always an interesting day at the youth games.
According to All American Basketball Alliance founder and commissioner Don ?Moose? Lewis, what the sports landscape needs is a new professional league limited to White basketball players that emphasizes fundamentals and promotes White mainstream cultural values.

Lewis said he wants his White basketball players to emphasize fundamental basketball instead of ?street ball? played by ?people of color.? He pointed out recent incidents in the NBA, including Gilbert Arenas? indefinite suspension after bringing guns into the Washington Wizards locker room, as examples of fans? dissatisfaction with the way current professional sports are run.

?Would you want to go to the game and worry about a player flipping you off or attacking you in the stands or grabbing their crotch?? he said. ?That?s the culture today, and in a free country we should have the right to move ourselves in a better direction.?

Lewis goes on to claim that his restrictions are not racism. There s [no] hatred about what we re doing, he said. I don t hate anyone of color. But people of White, American born citizens are in the minority now. Here s a league for White [basketball] players to play fundamental basketball, which they like.

The league is hoping to start in the fall with 12 teams based in the southeastern U.S. Only natural born Americans with two Caucasian parents need apply.

Mitch Shatzen, 53, of Irvine, CA is a White basketball fan who played high school and college ball in Southern California, and continued to play in serious men?s league games into his forties. He counts himself amongst those not dying for the return of the two hand chest pass and underhand foul shots.

?As a player, fan and father of young adult children who enjoy sports of all kinds, I think the concept is rather ridiculous. Instead of the NBA, why not call it the DNA Do Not Accept racism in sports league for men with limited color and no brains.

?Speaking of DNA, how White is White? One generation, two, three or more? What is the White amount of no color? Rather ridiculous I d say.?

Commentator Ray Woodson of KNBR in San Francisco suggested the new league call itself the KBA for Klan Basketball Association.

Hall of Famer Charles Barkley was direct, as usual. It s just blatantly racist because if you look at the cold words he used, trying to say we re carrying guns, fighting people in the stands, things like that, Barkley said. It lets you know, as a Black man, there are people out there who don t like you, he added.

The NAACP also proclaimed its disapproval. My general reaction is it?s ridiculous,? said . Cheap Jerseys From China   Cheap Jerseys Online   Cheap Jerseys Wholesale   Cheap Soccer Hoodies   Cheap Hoodies   Cheap NBA Jerseys   Cheap MLB Shirts   Cheap Soccer Shirts China   Cheap NFL Shirts China   Cheap Football Hoodies